PolicyKit releases and !AWOL

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:43:16 PST 2007

2007/12/17, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com>:

> On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 22:03 -0500, David Zeuthen wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 03:02 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:
> > > Interesting. X-GNOME-SystemSettings doesn't work for me (Debian unstable).
> > > Is this maybe a Fedora-only thingie?
> > >
> > > Please see also:
> > > http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/latest/apa.html
> >
> > Not sure. Looks like Matthias got cut from the Cc list; adding him back.
> >

> X-GNOME-SystemSettings was introduced by Suse for their control-center
> shell. We use it in Fedora to sort capplets in submenus of Preferences.
> It is not in menu-spec, naturally, since X- is for 3rd party additions.

Matthias, is this X-GNOME-SystemSettings accepted by GNOME upstream or
a Fedora/Suse only patch. If the latter I'd suggest to apply my
proposed patch.

 At least with X-GNOME-SystemSettings,
polkit-gnome-authorization.desktop is not correctly sorted into the
GNOME System->Administration menu here.

I checked some upstream GNOME apps, and they seem to use a desktop
file similar to my proposed one
http://tinyurl.com/2598qr

Cheers,
Michael