PolicyKit releases and !AWOL

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Sun Dec 16 20:58:08 PST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 05:43 +0100, Michael Biebl wrote:

> Matthias, is this X-GNOME-SystemSettings accepted by GNOME upstream or
> a Fedora/Suse only patch. If the latter I'd suggest to apply my
> proposed patch.

I can't answer that. It is pretty unclear to me what it would mean for
GNOME upstream to accept a menu category. But the control-center shell
I was mentioning is in the upstream control-center, so there is some
indication that core gnome components do pay attention to
X-GNOME-SystemSettings.

>  At least with X-GNOME-SystemSettings,
> polkit-gnome-authorization.desktop is not correctly sorted into the
> GNOME System->Administration menu here.

Well, this may be the source of the confusion. We don't want it to go
there, but to System > Preferences > System.