Compiling HAL 0.5.8 and BLKGETSIZE problems

Eugéne Suter easuter at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 11:31:46 PST 2007

After inspecting VectorLinux's package list in /var/log/packages, I found
that the dev team neglected to update the kernel headers, even though
VectorLinux uses a 2.6.18 kernel, contrary to Slackware 11.
So the headers that were being used were for kernel 2.4.33.3...
Anyway, I removed the original kernel headers first, then installed unifdef,
and made a header install to /tmp/usr/ and made myself a package.
after that I installed it and HAL configures just fine :)

I' still having other make errors related to linux_dvd_rw_utils.c, but maybe
should I post those to a new topic? or can I keep on here?
*kind of new to mailing lists, not sure if the procedure is the same as in
forums: one thread per topic*

Thanks again for all your help,
Regards

Eugéne