[RFC] inotify implementation

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 02:08:14 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 13:01 +0300, Sergey Lapin wrote:
> As I understand inotify API first appeared in glibc-2.4.
> As it is well known, many ARM machines still use glibc-2.3.5
> (probably for good reason), so have no such implementation.

Would ARM machines running 2.3.5 want to be running the latest HAL?

Also, I think it's safe to just look for sys/inotify.h, as if the user
has installed that file, but not added support in the kernel then it is
his fault!

My personal view is also that we shouldn't support dnotify, just like we
don't support DBUS < 0.70 or glib 2.6 - i.e. better versions are in
common usage.

Richard.