s2both

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 16:21:43 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 00:16 +0100, Danny Kukawka wrote:

> But this implied that normal suspend is not safe, but it is. I don't
> want
> to start the discussion again, but IMO we should it simply name what
> it
> is (suspend2both) and let the UI translate it to whatever the
> userspace
> want (maybe 'Safe suspend' in GPM, 'Suspend To Both' in KPowersave and
> something complete different in an other tool).

Sure, I appreciate you don't like the name, but *please* don't suggest
different names for something already quite complicated in lots of
different desktops and tools. I've spent ages trying to clarify the mess
of nomenclature, and really don't want to have to do it all over again.

As for "safe suspend", it is really safer than suspend, as the usual
warnings about "if the battery runs out your work is lost" don't apply.

Richard.