s2both

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Sun Mar 11 17:01:02 PDT 2007

On Montag, 12. März 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 00:16 +0100, Danny Kukawka wrote:
> Sure, I appreciate you don't like the name, but *please* don't suggest
> different names for something already quite complicated in lots of
> different desktops and tools.

What? There is no name for this already on the desktop.

> I've spent ages trying to clarify the mess
> of nomenclature, and really don't want to have to do it all over again.

No comment on this. As I said: I don't like to start the discussion again.

> As for "safe suspend", it is really safer than suspend, as the usual
> warnings about "if the battery runs out your work is lost" don't apply.

Yes, its maybe safer, but it is not safe. 'Safe Suspend' say nothing for
the user.

I don't understand why we can't name this in HAL from the technical point
of view. Why do we need to name it like the desktop maybe do?

Danny