Support for Samsung YP-T9

Andrey Fedoseev andrey.fedoseev at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 21:33:09 PDT 2007

Hi!

I recently bought a Samsing YP-T9 MP3 audio player. It turned out that
it's recognized just as UMS, not as portable audio player. To enable the
portable_audio_player capability I added the following text
to /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/10-usb-music-players.fdi:

<!-- YP-T9 -->
<match key="@storage.originating_device:usb.product_id" int="0x5055">
<merge key="portable_audio_player.type" type="string">generic</merge>
<merge key="portable_audio_player.access_method"
type="string">storage</merge>
<append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats"
type="strlist">audio/x-ms-wma</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.output_formats"
type="strlist">application/ogg</append>
<append key="portable_audio_player.input_formats"
type="strlist">audio/mpeg</append>
</match>

I just copied that from YP-F1 entry (this is my old player) and changed
the product_id to 0x5055. So not all supported media formats may be
listed here.

YP-T9 also has some Bluetooth capabilities, I don't know how to enable
support for them.

You can contact me if you have questions about this player. I'm not
subscribed to this ML, so please send direct email.

Thanks!

--
Regards!
Andrey Fedoseev <andrey.fedoseev at gmail.com>