PolicyKit 0.8

David Zeuthen david at fubar.dk
Thu Apr 17 16:19:21 PDT 2008

Hi,

Yes, I'm not very good at using Bugzilla (I generally dislike BZ's and
the fd.o one isn't very good compared to the GNOME or the RH one) and
this list sees a lot of traffic that makes patches hard to find. Anyway,
I'm a little annoyed that you make it sound like I'm actively ignoring
patches. But I guess it does look like that even though I think you're
sorta turning this into a storm in a teacup. So I'm not too hurt and I
guess, to a certain extent, I do deserve some flames.

I'd like to think we can solve this problem (because I do agree that it
is a problem) in a constructive way. For example, with hal, Danny (and
Richard for hal-info) has been very very helpful in helping out with
committing patches. So if someone wants to step up and help review and
commit patches for PolicyKit it would be great.

The thing is, that like many other people, I'm simply just involved in a
lot of different projects and that makes context switching really hard.
What I normally do, or try/want to do, is to try and scan this list at
least weekly. It's entirely possible I've been missing some patches;
that's what happened to Joe's patches anyway. I remember seeing them and
thinking I that need to review them but it fell through the cracks
perhaps because I had 3.5 weeks of vacation in the beginning of the
year. Shit happens sometimes. Sorry about that. Also, for me personally
(and, I guess, like a lot of other free software maintainers), it helps
a lot if people keep resending patches (ideally Cc'ing my email address
and not just the list) or otherwise try to get my attention.

So, yes, there's room for improvement here but like most other things in
life it's a two-way street.

    David