tablet PC support

Danny Kukawka danny.kukawka at web.de
Wed Mar 5 11:18:45 PST 2008

On Mittwoch, 5. März 2008, Martin Pitt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in [1], someone proposed a patch [2] to add support for tablet PC
> properties to hal.

This patch is from me and part of the SUSE packages since I wrote my diploma
thesis about Tablet PCs under linux for SUSE (2005-08-11). I also tried some
time ago to get the stuff into HAL but read the list archive for more.

> Now, obviously the patch needs some updating, some
> work (not hardcoding /dev/ttyS2), and some hal/hal-info split, but
> what do you think about the general idea?

;-) no comment

Btw. the hardcoded ttyS2 is from a report of a user, that the HP Compaq tc4200
needed to be setup under this address, but this is maybe no longer needed -
unfortunately I don't have this machine available for testing. I would let
this in until someone report a problem.

And yes we could move the fdi-file to hal-info. I didn't changed this because
for the SUSE package we could live with it.

> Does anyone here actually have a tablet PC (I don't)?

We have some here. ;-)

Attached the latest version of the patch.

Danny

 fdi/policy/10osvendor/10-tabletPCs.fdi |   24 ++++++
 fdi/policy/10osvendor/Makefile.am      |    1
 hald/linux/device.c                    |   39 +++++++++++
 tools/Makefile.am                      |    4 +
 tools/hal-system-setserial.c           |   80 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 5 files changed, 148 insertions(+)