Please I need help with Hal and NFS

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 25 20:42:48 PDT 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 5:20 PM, William Tambe <tambewilliam at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to build a diskless system using ubuntu.
>
> But the problem here is that, when hal start it does some kind of
> remounting, which makes the filesystem disappear and all I get when I
> boot the machine is:
>
> /etc/init.d/rc: 317: sed: Input/output error
>
> This is caused by the fact that no file can be found.

I think this really needs to be followed up on the Ubuntu lists. The
error is coming from system initialization, and that's not controlled
by HAL. Only the people familiar with the Ubuntu boot process will
know where that error is coming from and why HAL is triggering it in
your situation. If HAL shouldn't be run on a diskless system or if NFS
needs to be started first, then that can only be solved in the Ubuntu
boot management. HAL does not control NFS.

--
Dan