10-usb-music-players.fdi patch for HTC G1 (First Android Phone)

Sandy Armstrong sanfordarmstrong at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 06:09:45 PDT 2008

Hi,

I've attached a patch to add support for HTC's new G1 phone.  I based
the output_formats included on tech specs I read in various places, but
have only been able to test MP3 and ogg/vorbis support.  I believe the
hardware has support for recording, but I had trouble finding details so
I didn't include any input_formats.

I tested an mpeg4 video, too, but the player on the G1(available free on
Android Market) only supports 480x352 or smaller and I didn't have
anything that small to test.  The video did not display properly, but
the audio did.  I'm actually not sure what it is in my FDI entry that
allows video support...

This is my first time using a music player on Linux, and first time
patching this FDI file, so if I should be doing something else (filing a
bug, for example, or getting more format info somewhere else), please do
let me know.

I have attached the relevant sections of output from lshal and
hal-device, in case that is interesting.

Cheers,
Sandy