begging you : please do something for nv cards in hal

schmirrwurst at googlemail.com schmirrwurst at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 09:37:08 PST 2009

I'm experiencing (like a lot of other users) problems with backlight support
with my nv50 (geforce 8) nvidia card. and that about 2 years ago !
	-Nvidia will never support backlight in his driver (dixit nvidia support)
	-Kernel isn't doing anything, problem as been reported, but nothing happens
	-Nouveau driver from freedesktop is managing backlight, but is too unstable
to use in production.

The only solution I see, is that hal is managing backlight, for people using
nv or glx driver...
 Changing backlight manually through smartdimmer or nvclock work, so I must no
be difficult to support it in hal ? Please !