begging you : please do something for nv cards in hal

schmirrwurst at googlemail.com schmirrwurst at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 4 10:08:59 PST 2009

But Martin, users like me (and it seems also the case from user with brand new
laptop with nv cards), can't wait another 2 years having a stable nouveau
driver !! or another solution...

The current smartdimmer in karmic is working to get and set backlight on my
laptop... It must be possible to make use of this in hal ?

I think, even if hal is no more default, it is easyer to have to install a
package, for an ubuntu newbie, thant having to use command line with
smartdimmer, or write a script... Having hal supporting it, could be a
solution until nouveau is more stable... (on my hw, kms is crashing the
system, and with or without, I'm unable to play videos....)

That's why I'm using the nv driver, (not glx), that is free I think.