Acer Aspire 5920G keymap patch

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 2 02:49:35 PST 2009

Hello Nikolay,

Nikolay Borisov [2009-02-02 12:49 +0300]:
> Hello Martin,
>
> I checked all the keys and special combinations when trying to figure
> out if all of them are recognized as I expect.
> As of 'prog1' code, it is assigned to the 'blue E' button. But I could
> not find any key with 'prog2' though it is assigned to 'e073' scancode.
> So I thought it was reasonable to correct the mapping with the patch.

Should have expressed myself more clearly:

+         <remove key="input.keymap.data" type="strlist">e073:prog2</remove>

I was wondering about this line, since it removes an existing
keybinding. Do you know which key that is, and why it explicitly needs
to be removed?

+         <append key="input.keymap.data" type="strlist">e012:prog2</append>

That part is clear.

Thanks,

Martin