[Pm-utils] pm-utils-1.3.0 has been released

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 11:19:08 PDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Michael Biebl [2010-03-17 17:23 +0100]:
>> I'm all for that, because I think the import process also has the
>> potential risk of breaking something.
>> Importing it once into pm-utils, then carefully checking if the
>> imported database looks sane,  and adding/modifying enties looks like
>> a much more robust solution to me.
>
> +1, FWIW.
>
>> I would actually prefer, if we just shipped the quirks within the
>> pm-utils tarball.
>> Looking at the git branch, it looks like Victor wants to keep them in
>> a separate tarball, even if they are in the same git repo.
>
> Victor, did that happen more or less by accident, or was it a
> conscious decision? I could envision a separate git tree for being
> able to give more people commit privileges to the quirks git, while
> keeping the privileges for pm-utils itself relatively tight?

I think the point for hal vs. hal-info was that hal-info releases
could be independent of hal releases. pm-utils vs.
pm-utils-video-quirks is a much narrower scope issue. You could
probably get away with spinning a new point release of pm-utils after
a few quirks had rolled in with minimal code changes.

--
Dan