[HarfBuzz] Detecting ICU/FreeType without pkg-config?

Jjgod Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 23:14:51 PST 2009

Hi,

Currently harfbuzz-ng use pkg-config to detect whether the ICU and
FreeType libraries are present. However, the official ICU code obtained
from icu-project.org does not have a icu.pc file shipped (and will not
generate one after compilation, if I am correct). I did notice that
"./configure --help" of harfbuzz-ng mentioned ICU_FLAGS adn ICU_LIBS
environment variables, but setting them didn't work for me either,
configure still reported no ICU lib found.

Is there any way to make harfbuzz-ng detect ICU/FreeType without using
pkg-config files? Thanks.

- Jiang