[immodule-qt] Re: language() and error handling (Re: Question about svn trunk)

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sun Aug 1 04:28:52 EEST 2004

Hi Daisuke,

At Sun, 01 Aug 2004 02:19:02 +0900,
kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp wrote:

> YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
>
> > You had said that some feature is impossible to be implemented
> > on current API, but I can't understand what is impossible. Tell
> > me what is impossible using actual example.
>
> I meant "external IM-switcher panel not using QMultiInputContext but
> using IPC" as "external IM-switcher panel using IPC which is not use
> a subclass of QMultiInputContext"
>
> For example, the function of IPC is directly implemented in Qt Library.
>
> And I agree with your following opinions written to former mail.
> >>I think that switching mechanism should be pluggable and replaceable.
> >>It should not be hardcoded into the Qt library."

Hmm, perhaps you had said that "IM-switching based on an IPC
message that tightly integrated in Qt (such as XEvent, as you
said before) is impossible, but it is bad way. We should go to
the pluggable way". Is it right?

I had misunderstood your opinion as "There is an unsatisfied
requirement, but current API is an acceptable compromise".

note 1:
Inheriting QMultiInputContext is not required to implement an
IM-switcher plugin. QMultiInputContext is just a ordinary
plugin, so we can implement another one from scratch.

note 2:
An IM-switching plugin based on XEvent can be implemented using
QInputContext::x11FilterEvent().

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp