[immodule-qt] Re: language() and error handling (Re: Question about svn trunk)

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Mon Aug 2 12:49:59 EEST 2004

On Monday 02 August 2004 15:57, Lars Knoll wrote:
> A global switching could be implemented using an XChangeProperty on the
> root window (that's what KDE currently uses for things as the style change
> notification). If the switching is only supposed to affect the current
> focus application we need some more sophisiticated solution.
>
> I would also prefer if we can try to get the same switching mechanism
> implemented in both Gnome and KDE/Qt, so that all applications will work
> with the same and you only need one switching application.

I considered the system which is similar to your idea before.

I thought that there is two problems. First, using XChangeProperty will
complicate immodule-qt implementation. Second, it will take time until
IM-switching mechanism in GNOME/GTK and KDE/Qt is communalized.

I think that it was not good to introduce this function at least into Qt4
from the above mentioned reason. What do you think about this point?

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>