[immodule-qt] introduce description() function

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Aug 4 05:23:23 EEST 2004

At Tue, 3 Aug 2004 17:05:34 +0000,
liucougar at gmail.com wrote:

> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 21:43:51 +0900, YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> > There is another wishlist for QMultiInputContext. Anyone?
> >
> > - sort input methods by supported language
> What should be done if one plugin support several languages, such as scim-qtimm?

Sort by languages[0] is a simple compromise. Any ideas?

> > - sort the language groups of input methods in accordance with
> >   current locale (place current locale language top)
> I do not think this is very useful, or at least there should be a
> config option to enable/disable this

I doubt whether my opinion is clearly expressed. See following
explanation.

In our current implementation, QMultiInputContext shows input
methods as follows (sorry, I'm using only uim input methods for
explanation).

--------------------
uim-py (zh_CN)
uim-anthy (ja)
uim-skk (ja)
uim-default (*)
uim-ipa ()
uim-hangul2 (ko)
uim-romaja (ko)
uim-hangul3 (ko)
uim-tutcode (ja)
uim-canna (ja)
uim-prime (ja)
uim-tcode (ja)
uim-viqr (vi)
uim-pyunihan (zh_CN)
uim-pinyin-big5 (*)
--------------------

But above list is not useful for me because I frequently choose
Japanese input methods. So I prefer following layout. I can
choose Japanese input methods faster in the layout because
Japanese input methods is always on the top in accordance with
my ja_JP.eucJP locale (only "ja" part is used for sorting). Less
mouse moving or cursor key pressing is required to choose.

--------------------
uim-anthy (ja)
uim-canna (ja)
uim-prime (ja)
uim-skk (ja)
uim-tcode (ja)
uim-tutcode (ja)
--------------------
uim-hangul2 (ko)
uim-hangul3 (ko)
uim-romaja (ko)
--------------------
uim-viqr (vi)
--------------------
uim-py (zh_CN)
uim-pyunihan (zh_CN)
--------------------
uim-default (*)
uim-pinyin-big5 (*)
--------------------
uim-ipa ()
--------------------

But Chisene users that using zh_CN.UTF-8 locale will prefer
following layout. So I suggest sort by locale (language part of
locale, accurately). If it is not useful in some situation,
please show me an example.

--------------------
uim-py (zh_CN)
uim-pyunihan (zh_CN)