[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Thu Aug 5 01:37:28 EEST 2004

Hi all,

At Thu, 05 Aug 2004 00:53:43 +0900,
yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp wrote:

> At Wed, 04 Aug 2004 10:38:16 +0900,
> yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp wrote:
> > My TODO list is there (although some items are assigned
> > someone). Cougar, Kazuki, Daisuke, open your list also.
>
> > - make QMultiInputContext plugin
>
> I've started this. Stop me if someone had already started.

Done. But freedesktop.org seems to be under maintenance, so the
diff is not available. See ChangeLog within this mail for
detail.

> > - review new design of QSimpleInputContext
> >
> > - help X composing table support for QSimpleInputContext

Kazuki is developing it now. Kazuki, call me if you want any
help.

> > - complete documents in source files (especially new API for
> >   QInputContextPlugin)

I'll do it today.

> > More discussions are required for following items:
> >
> > - introduce QT_IM_SWITCHER environment variable

Daisuke, I'm waiting for your approval or denial about
this. Please let us know your current standpoint against this
feature. Detailed opinion is not needed at first.

The ChangeLog of my recent work:
* This commit changes the two input methods into plugin

* src/input/qt_input.pri
  - Remove QSimpleInputContext and QMultiInputContext entries
* src/input/qmultiinputcontext.h
  - Moved to plugins/src/inputmethods/multi/qmultiinputcontext.h
* src/input/qmultiinputcontext.cpp
  - Moved to plugins/src/inputmethods/multi/qmultiinputcontext.cpp
* src/input/qsimpleinputcontext.h
  - Moved to plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/qsimpleinputcontext.h
* src/input/qsimpleinputcontext.cpp
  - Moved to plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/qsimpleinputcontext.cpp

* plugins/src/src.pro
  - Add 'inputmethods' to SUBDIRS. The directory name 'inputmethods'
    is intended to be compatible with Qt/Embedded. Install directory
    name is still kept as 'input' for backward compatibility
* plugins/src/inputmethods/inputmethods.pro
  - New file

* plugins/src/inputmethods/multi/multi.pro
  - New file
* plugins/src/inputmethods/multi/qmultiinputcontextplugin.h
  - New file
* plugins/src/inputmethods/multi/qmultiinputcontextplugin.cpp
  - New file
* plugins/src/inputmethods/multi/qmultiinputcontext.h
  - Moved from src/input/qmultiinputcontext.h. No code changes have
    been applied
* plugins/src/inputmethods/multi/qmultiinputcontext.cpp
  - Moved from src/input/qmultiinputcontext.cpp. No code changes have
    been applied

* plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/simple.pro
  - New file
* plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/qsimpleinputcontextplugin.h
  - New file
* plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/qsimpleinputcontextplugin.cpp
  - New file
* plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/qsimpleinputcontext.h
  - Moved from src/input/qsimpleinputcontext.h. No code changes have
    been applied
* plugins/src/inputmethods/simple/qsimpleinputcontext.cpp
  - Moved from src/input/qsimpleinputcontext.cpp. No code changes have
    been applied

* src/input/qinputcontextfactory.cpp
  - (create): Remove dedicated instantiation handling for
    QSimpleInputContext and QMultiInputContext

* tools/qtconfig/mainwindow.h
  - (inputMethodIdentifiers): New member variable
* tools/qtconfig/mainwindow.cpp
  - (MainWindow):
    * Replace identifier name of input methods with displaynames
    * Add filtering out process for IM-switchers that has "imsw-"
      prefix
    * Disable sorting for input method names
    * Modify some comments
    * Simplify setCurrentItem() handling for inputMethodCombo widget
    * Add recorded input method name to the display name of unknown
      input method
    * Save recorded input method name even if unknown input method
  - (fileSave):
    * Save /qt/DefaultInputMethodSwitcher with default value
      "imsw-multi"
    * Save identifier name of the input method rather than display name

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp