[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

Kazuki Ohta mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp
Thu Aug 5 02:27:31 EEST 2004

Hi.

> > > - review new design of QSimpleInputContext
> > >
> > > - help X composing table support for QSimpleInputContext
>
> Kazuki is developing it now. Kazuki, call me if you want any
> help.
I have a tough time to port X's parser to Qt.
I've already created the sample program (attached), but have some problems.

The parsed result comes as X's "KeySym", so it needs to exchange "KeySym" to
Qt's keycode.
Since Qt's doesn't distinguish Qt::Key_A, and Qt::Key_a, I decided to use
character code based composing tables like this. (NOTE that this is of course
test table). This means it nees to convert Qt's keycode to character code.

   117 |static const ComposeTableElement defaultTable[] = {
   118 |    // test entries
   119 |    { {'A' , ' ', 0, 0, 0, 0}, 'a' },
   121 |}

One solution to deal with this is to prepare the hash table of keyname and
character code like /usr/lib/X11/XKeysymDB but this requires to maintain this
list, so the merit of importing parser becomes subtle.

To conclude, I think it costs high to merge X's parser to Qt.
Any opinion?

Move the worl:D!
Kazuki Ohta : mover at hct.zaq.ne.jp