[immodule-qt] introducing QT_IM_SWITCHER environment variable

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Thu Aug 5 07:49:03 EEST 2004

YamaKen <yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:

> To accomplish the new convention, I've renamed the identifier
> name of QMultiInputContext "multi" as "imsw-multi". The "imsw-"
> prefix prevents IM-switchers from being listed in popup menu as
> input method. All other IM-switcher implementation is also
> expected to follow this "imsw-" convention. I think that it
> should not be API such as QInputContextPlugin::isIMSwitcher()
> because Qt API should be isolated from IM-switcher issues.

I think that the idea which introduce an environment variable is interesting.

But, probably, "Qt API should be isolated from IM-switcher issues"
contradict "introducing pluggable popup menu". Moreover, I think
that this idea confuses users.

Although it is not the fully considered idea, I think it good to introduce
the method not isIMSwitcher() but hasIMSwitcher(). Then, it could also
clearly show that "Qt API should be isolated from IM-switcher issues" and
we should introduce "pluggable popup menu" for developers' convenience.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>