[immodule-qt] introducing QT_IM_SWITCHER environment variable

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Sat Aug 7 10:57:45 EEST 2004

Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp> wrote:

> I think that the idea which introduce an environment variable is interesting.
>
> But, probably, "Qt API should be isolated from IM-switcher issues"
> contradict "introducing pluggable popup menu". Moreover, I think
> that this idea confuses users.
>
> Although it is not the fully considered idea, I think it good to introduce
> the method not isIMSwitcher() but hasIMSwitcher(). Then, it could also
> clearly show that "Qt API should be isolated from IM-switcher issues" and
> we should introduce "pluggable popup menu" for developers' convenience.

I have misunderstood. I thought that QT_IM_SWITCHER and
DefaultInputMethodSwitcher of qtconfig is not setted in the default.
I understand that DefaultInputMethodSwitcher was surely set. Is it right?

I think that the idea which introduces QT_IM_SWITCHER and
DefaultInputMethodSwitcher is good. But, I want to hear how
DefaultInputMethodSwitcher will be setted up by qtconfig.
For example, can arbitrary input method be specified?

And, it will be necessary to also take Takumi's opinion into consideration.

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>