[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Tue Aug 10 20:11:16 EEST 2004

Hi all, here is the updated TODO list. I'll release new patches
once discussions have been finished.

** under discussion
- introduce pluggable IM-switcher and QT_IM_SWITCHER environment
  variable (waiting for Lars, Takumi, Daisuke)
- introduce an error handling feature
  QInputContextPlugin::isDisabled(key) if someone need (waiting
  for Daisuke)
- make the argument of QInputContext::filterEvent() const
- investigate C++ specification for static variables to fix some
  doubtful codes

** waiting for finish of above discussions
- backport trunk improvements to BC branch
- make ChangeLog and changes files for immodule
- release new BC and ALL patches
- complete documents in source files (Only some sections of
  QInputContext class description is lacking. These sections are
  filled after next release)

** Qt4 TODOs
- import official Qt4 trees into our repository
- the porting
- surrounding text
- extend preedit attributes
- language tagging

** after Qt4 porting
- introduce dynamic X Compose table parser to QSimpleInputContext

** done
- change QMultiInputContext into plugin
- change QSimpleInputContext into plugin
- change QXIMInputContext into plugin
- introduce imsw-none dummy switcher
- introduce pluggable popup menu (including Lars's suggestion)
- review new design of QSimpleInputContext
- help X composing table support for QSimpleInputContext
- complete documents in source files about new API for
  QInputContextPlugin
- translate latest X's Compose table to QSimpleInputContext

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp