[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Wed Aug 11 10:47:03 EEST 2004

On Tuesday 10 August 2004 19:11, YamaKen wrote:
> Hi all, here is the updated TODO list. I'll release new patches
> once discussions have been finished.
>
> ** under discussion
> - introduce pluggable IM-switcher and QT_IM_SWITCHER environment
>   variable (waiting for Lars, Takumi, Daisuke)

I'm still not 100% convinced that the IM switcher should use the same
interface than the the IM plugins, but I see the need to make the switcher a
plugin. So let's try to use the same interface for the switcher and the IM
plugins for now and see how it works out.

> - introduce an error handling feature
>   QInputContextPlugin::isDisabled(key) if someone need (waiting
>   for Daisuke)
> - make the argument of QInputContext::filterEvent() const
> - investigate C++ specification for static variables to fix some
>   doubtful codes

The static keyword is global for all instances. all per instance data needs to
go into the class itself.

> ** waiting for finish of above discussions
> - backport trunk improvements to BC branch
> - make ChangeLog and changes files for immodule
> - release new BC and ALL patches
> - complete documents in source files (Only some sections of
>   QInputContext class description is lacking. These sections are
>   filled after next release)
>
> ** Qt4 TODOs
> - import official Qt4 trees into our repository
> - the porting

I could help doing this part and adapting the code to Qt 4 coding style. A
simple port of the latest -ALL patch should not take me more than a day or
two.

> - surrounding text
> - extend preedit attributes
> - language tagging
>
> ** after Qt4 porting
> - introduce dynamic X Compose table parser to QSimpleInputContext

I don't think that is something we want. There was a thread on the xorg
mailing list lately, where people want to get rid of parsing the tables at
every application startup. See
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-August/002235.html

Cheers,
Lars