[immodule-qt] qt-immodule-20040812: It causes problems

UTUMI Hirosi utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp
Fri Aug 13 04:44:02 EEST 2004

Hi,

--- LiuCougar <liucougar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > $ rpm -ba scim-qtimm.spec
> > --> I can't make it.
> Fixed in SVN head
> maybe this is the cause for your segfault of qtconfig

Thank you so much! :-)
Now qtconfig and scim-qtimm are working fine.

> > // Note for packagers
> > Add it to %files
> > %{_libdir}/qt3/plugins/input/*
> what's this for please,

qt-immodule-20040812 adds new files to that dir,
so packagers need to add that line to qt3.spec.

> 12, August trolltech released Qt 3.3.3, a bugfix version.
> Maybe we should also release a unified patch for this latest version.

I found it in Mandrake Cooker. :-)

--- Karl Park <Karl.Park at Sun.COM> wrote:
> Hi UTUMI,
My first name is Hirosi, so you can call me Hirosi. :-)
(James, Hideki's family name is "Hiura".
http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/uim/2004-August/000580.html)

> > $ rpm -ba scim-qtimm.spec
> > --> I can't make it.
> I had same compilation error when I was building iiimqcf against
> qt library patched with qt-x11-immodule-unified-qt3.3.2-20040812.diff.
>
> It's simply because QInputContextPlugin class defined following new
> pure virtual functions.

Thank you for the information, Karl!
I am not a developer, so I don't know the details, but I believe
it's useful for other developers.

Thanks.
Hirosi