[immodule-qt] qt-immodule-20040812: It causes problems

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Sat Aug 14 08:45:50 EEST 2004

Hi Hirosi, thank you for testing.

At Fri, 13 Aug 2004 01:48:35 +0900 (JST),
utuhiro78 at yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> I tested qt-x11-immodule-unified-20040812, and I packed it
> (RPM/SRPM for Mandrake Cooker).
>
> I'm using uim-svn1091 and uim-qt-svn1091.
> I selected backward compatible qt-immodule.
>
> I got some errors. Maybe I made some mistakes. :-)
> $ qtconfig
> --> Segmentation fault
>
> So I did
> $ su
> # cd /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/input/
> # rm libqsimple*
> # rm libqimsw-*
> # exit
> $ qtconfig
> --> It works.
>
> $ kwrite
> Press Shift+Space
> --> It doesn't work. I can't type i18n words.

It's a API mismatch between QUimInputContext and the immodule
although the compilation succeeds. Sorry for absence of the
corresponding version of the uim plugin.

I've been updated the QUimInputContext to follow the API of
latest unified patch. Try svn r1092.

I've also updated changes.immodule file to warn such
issue. Please suggest more effective description for users.

*                           For users                                      *

Build
-----

- This version of immodule requires corresponding version of each
  input method plugins (i.e. update your additional input method
  plugins)

- Some codes have been changed to allow compiling against Qt 3.2.x or
  earlier.

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp