[immodule-qt] Re: Re: A "deadline" for development?

YamaKen yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp
Wed Aug 18 17:54:46 EEST 2004

Hi all, check our status and scream if your opinions are not
listed properly.

Maybe I'll start Qt4 porting tomorrow.

** upcoming release TODOs
- release the unified patch as stable

** under discussion (urgent)
- introducing QT_IM_SWITCHER environment variable (waiting for Takumi)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000414.html

** under discussion
- we want something to know available input method names
  (waiting for Takumi, Kazuki)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000418.html
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000357.html

- what should function language() return? (Cougar)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000417.html

- consideration about filterEvent() involving tricky translation
  of SCIM plugin (waiting for YamaKen)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000352.html

- introduce an error handling feature
  QInputContextPlugin::isDisabled(key) if someone need (waiting
  for Daisuke)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-July/000205.html

** Qt4 TODOs
- the porting
- surrounding text
- extend preedit attributes
- language tagging

** after Qt4 porting
- complete documents in source files (Only some sections of
  QInputContext class description is lacking. These sections are
  filled after next release)

- avoid unnecessary plugin loading on imsw-multi (waiting for
  finish of the related discussion)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000419.html

- introduce dynamic X Compose table parser to QSimpleInputContext
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000346.html

- modify QSimpleInputContext::language() and
  QSimpleInputContextPlugin::language() properly

** others
- Register Lars as a immodule-qt developer (waiting for approval
  of admins)

** done
- change QMultiInputContext into plugin
- change QSimpleInputContext into plugin
- change QXIMInputContext into plugin
- introduce imsw-none dummy switcher
- introduce pluggable popup menu (including Lars's suggestion)
- review new design of QSimpleInputContext
- help X composing table support for QSimpleInputContext
- complete documents in source files about new API for QInputContextPlugin
- translate latest X's Compose table to QSimpleInputContext
- make the argument of QInputContext::filterEvent() const
- investigate C++ specification for static variables to fix some
  doubtful codes
- backport trunk improvements to BC branch
- Remove QLocale dependency to be compiled on Qt 3.2.x or earlier
- make ChangeLog and README files for immodule
- release new unified patch for testing
- make changes file for immodule (for developers and users)
- introduce pluggable IM-switcher and QT_IM_SWITCHER environment
  variable (the introduction itself had reached agreement)
- test the unified patch in BC mode
- support Qt 3.3.3
- rename $prefix/plugin/input as $prefix/plugin/inputmethods
  (done by r94)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000374.html
- language-specific keyboard support (waiting for Choe)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000402.html
- backspace key cannot be filtered (waiting for Choe)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000376.html
- whether the equivalent of QT_IM_SWITCHER and QT_IM_MODULE in
  qtrc is required (I've decided to disable 'default IM
  configuration' support in qtconfig)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000416.html
- import official Qt4 trees into our repository
- import Qt 3.3.3 into the repository
- merge Qt 3.3.3 diffs into the trunk
- remove 'thread' from CONFIG in plugin project file
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000420.html
- committing via QKeyEvent (no requirements for now)
  http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/immodule-qt/2004-August/000407.html

YamaKen  yamaken at bp.iij4u.or.jp