[immodule-qt] Surrounding text

Anuradha Ratnaweera gnu.slash.linux at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 12:19:40 EEST 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 01:01:45 +0900, Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp> wrote:

> I have read GTK's code. GTK's surrounding text support is consisting
> of retrieve_surrounding signal, delete_surrounding signal,
> gtk_im_context_get_surrounding(), gtk_im_context_set_surrounding() and
> gtk_im_context_delete_surrounding().
>
> Probably, this design will not be able to be simply transplantable to Qt.
> However, for example, realization of the function will become possible
> by adding IMEvent (IMGetSurrounding and IMDeleteSurrounding) and
> QInputContext::getSurrounding().

Presently, I am going through the QT code to figure out the best way
to implement surrounding text support.  As it turns out (please
correct me if I am wrong), QInputContext doesn't store text string,
but only the preedit.  Where is it stored?  Is it different for each
widget (in which case we will have to implement a function for every
widget)?

I am not a QT programmer, so may be this is a silly question. ;-)

Thanks in advace.

       Anuradha

--

http://www.linux.lk/~anuradha/