[immodule-qt] Surrounding text

Daisuke Kameda kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp
Wed Sep 15 18:53:33 EEST 2004

On Wednesday 15 September 2004 18:19, Anuradha Ratnaweera wrote:
> > Probably, this design will not be able to be simply transplantable to Qt.
> > However, for example, realization of the function will become possible
> > by adding IMEvent (IMGetSurrounding and IMDeleteSurrounding) and
> > QInputContext::getSurrounding().
>
> Presently, I am going through the QT code to figure out the best way
> to implement surrounding text support.

Thank you for cooperation.

> As it turns out (please
> correct me if I am wrong), QInputContext doesn't store text string,
> but only the preedit.  Where is it stored?  Is it different for each
> widget (in which case we will have to implement a function for every
> widget)?

Yes. In the present implementation, (commited) text string is stored at
only each widget. Please refer to QWidget::imEndEvent(),
QLineEdit::imEndEvent(), and QWidget::imEndEvent().

And, please also refer to the following documents.
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qimevent.html#details
http://doc.trolltech.com/3.3/qwidget.html#imEndEvent

--
Daisuke Kameda <kaminmat at cc.rim.or.jp>