[Intel-gfx] GM45/G45 status
keithp at keithp.com
Fri Oct 10 12:56:17 PDT 2008
I've been playing with a GM45 machine (Sony VGN-Z540) and an Intel G45
motherboard for the last few days.
The GM45 appears completely solid now, I've tested:
1. Without any DRM. There were a few bugs in the DRM-less libdrm
code, and associated X server ring management functions. Master
for drm and xf86-video-intel contain fixes that make this mode
work on GM45.
2. With legacy DRM (2.6.26-1-686 from Debian). With the above
changes in place, this now appears solid. 2D and 3D work
3. With drm-intel-next. This is also solid; even vblank appears to
The G45 motherboard, on the other hand, is a mess
1. Without any DRM, I'm getting GPU lockups when accessing large
amounts of memory. Something is funky here, and I don't
understand it. The error register reports a page fault, which
seems a bit odd.
2. With GEM. The driver stalls as soon as it calls the throttle
IOCTL, which will wait for previous commands to complete. It
looks like the hw status page values written by the GPU are not
visible to the CPU. Most concerning.
keith.packard at intel.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
Url : http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/intel-gfx/attachments/20081010/0425267c/attachment.pgp
More information about the Intel-gfx