[Intel-gfx] BACKLIGHT property for KMS case

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Aug 17 16:07:45 CEST 2009

The following patch adds BACKLIGHT property support in the intel driver
when KMS is active. It only tries to access the backlight via the kernel
based method (/sys/class/backlight/*), as we don't have access to mmio
space, and potentially also not to pci config space. Thus these paths
are hardcoded (compared to the original implementation).

Currently, this duplicates some similar code (from i830_lvds.c) - I can
abstract that into a new module with according data structures, but am
not 100% convinced that this is actually useful - i830_lvds.c will e.g.
always need the additional access methods.

Be also aware that the patch bears testing. So far it's only compile
tested, but it's similar to the quick-hack patch I did before (which
worked ;)

Comments?

Matthias

--