[Intel-gfx] BACKLIGHT property for KMS case

Greg KH greg at kroah.com
Mon Aug 17 18:17:02 CEST 2009

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 04:07:45PM +0200, Matthias Hopf wrote:
> +#define BACKLIGHT_CLASS "/sys/class/backlight"

Why can't we use libudev to get this kind of device instead of
hard-coding it?

> +
> +/*
> + * List of available kernel interfaces in priority order
> + */
> +static char *backlight_interfaces[] = {
> +    "asus-laptop",
> +    "eeepc",
> +    "thinkpad_screen",
> +    "acpi_video1",
> +    "acpi_video0",
> +    "fujitsu-laptop",
> +    "sony",
> +    NULL,
> +};

You forgot to add "samsung" :)

Yeah, I know you want to do this instead of using the samsung-backlight
driver, but what about for instances that people are not running this
intel driver and they want control over the backlight of their hardware?
That would mean that the samsung-backlight driver is needed for them.

thanks,

greg k-h