[Intel-gfx] kernel-oops with 2.6.31-rc1, GM45

Christoph Schied Christoph.Schied at brechpunkt.de
Sat Jun 27 15:59:25 CEST 2009

Hi!

I installed 2.6.31-rc1 and get a kernel oops on boot.
This happens when loading the i915 module, when i enable KMS the machine
crashes at this point. This happens whether i915 is modular or not.
I also tried -rc1-git2 but this doesn't help either.

[1] and [2] are Pictures i have taken on boot with non-modular i915 and
KMS enabled. I also attached my .config, dmesg output when loading
modular i915 without KMS and dmesg output from my running system with
kernel 2.6.30.

greetings, Christoph

[1] http://brechpunkt.de/~caustic/kernelpanic_1.jpg
[2] http://brechpunkt.de/~caustic/kernelpanic_2.jpg