[Intel-gfx] Problem with flicker

Mike Wright bodyjarrocks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 15:04:25 CET 2009

On Tuesday, November 17, 2009, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> Excerpts from Mike Wright's message of Tue Nov 17 10:41:11 +0000 2009:
>> I'll double check that MPlayer has the same behaviour using OpenGL soon.
> It's a good episode so worth persevering. ;-)
>
> I tried to reproduce this using mplayer -vo gl and gl2 on my x200s, but
> no luck.
>
> So is it just mythtv that is triggering the flickering?
> -ickle
> --
> Chris Wilson, Intel Open Source Technology Centre

Ok I tried the same episode using mplayer and I can't reproduce it. I
was sure it was a driver issue.  I tried xv and gl both worked fine.
So I must conclude that MythTV is the problem - except I just tried my
Nvidia 8400GS and mythtv works fine on xv and vdpau.

So it could be a difference in the way mythtv and mplayer use xv... maybe?

Mike