[Intel-gfx] i915GM 2D+3D intel driver regression

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:56:12 CEST 2010

> Oh, I get it.  You don't understand software.

Well although the whole discussion isn't really focussed, he has one point.
The overall desktop experience is way better on the old terminals
running Fedora-7 (intel-2.2 / XAA) than on my i945GM based laptop
running Fedora-12 + intel-2.11.

And although so much has changed, I still
- Can't scroll through my gmail inbox "fluently", not with firefox
nore with Opera
- Can't play even simple OpenGL games at 1280x800
- Still have to disable Composition because it dramatically slows down
window-resize performance.

So yep, it still sucks. However it doesn't crash every 2 hours as it
did with intel-2.7/2.8.

- Clemens