[Intel-gfx] i915GM 2D+3D intel driver regression

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Fri Apr 30 23:46:19 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-04-30 at 22:56 +0200, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> > Oh, I get it.  You don't understand software.
>
> Well although the whole discussion isn't really focussed, he has one point.

That's as may be true.  But the leap from "it's worse" to "because it
supports so many devices" is just nonsense.

> - Still have to disable Composition because it dramatically slows down
> window-resize performance.

That's really a property of the server.  Every resize is an allocate /
copy / free cycle when compositing.  Which is then made worse because
the app inevitably ends up repainting the whole thing, so the copy was a
waste of time.

A modest amount of hysteresis on window sizing would go a long way here.

- ajax