[Intel-gfx] [ANNOUNCE] xf86-video-intel 2.11.901

Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva tolkiendili at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 23:34:43 CEST 2010

2010/6/15 Carl Worth <cworth at cworth.org>:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:05:15 +0200, Marc Deop i Argemí <damnshock at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The system just freezes :(
>>
>> I'm running archlinux, Mesa 7.8.1, libdrm 2.4.21, Xorg-server 1.8.1.901,
>> kernel 2.6.34.
>
> If the other components remain the same and you change only the driver
> to an older version does it then work reliably? If so could you please
> bisect the commits in the driver repository to find the offending one?

Hello! I'm, maybe, getting the same thing here. I haven't tested the
release candidate, but with Xorg 1.8 and driver 2.11, and a
kms-enabled 2.6.34 kernel, using gentoo, X just freezes. If I
downgrade it to 2.9 driver and 1.7 Xorg, it runs (but if I do USE=hal
at Xorg, it freezes, too).

I have an Acer 532h (Intel GMA 3150, afaik). I've read your
explanation on how to do git bisecting and it sounds easy. Compile
times here are somewhat slow, and I don't have time to do it right now
(I don't have other computer..), but I will inform you about the
results soon.

I should test with a fixed Xorg version, right? Which one? Portage
currently has this:

1.6.5-r1 1.7.6 ~1.7.7 ~1.8.0 ~1.8.1-r1

(Versions with an ~ are filtered because they are at 'testing')

I haven't tried driver 2.9 with xorg 1.8, because I supposed newer
xorg versions were incompatible with old drivers..

Should I install 1.8.0?

1.7.6 is what I've right now.

--
Elias Gabriel Amaral da Silva <tolkiendili at gmail.com>