[Intel-gfx] QS57/HD Graphics support?

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Nov 30 10:21:37 CET 2010

On Tue, 30 Nov 2010 09:15:06 +0800, Matthew Willoughby <mattfredwill at gmail.com> wrote:
> Enabling LVDS2 via xrandr turns the screen on and extends the desktop,
> however all that is outputted is grey, occasionally white, and sometimes
> flashing colours.
> For information: A fresh install of Windows 7 can't use the second screen
> either, until the Intel drivers are installed, so I'm assuming that this is
> simply not supported in the linux drivers.

I am sorry to say that the code is riddled with assumptions that there is
just one LVDS panel. Most of the work would be in splitting those
assumptions from the global path and moving the register/mode setting into
per-LVDS connectors. Of course this is complicated by the fact that some
LVDS state is mixed in with more global registers, but that is a mere
complication. Fortunately Arrandale is more flexible in this regard, but
the code needs to support all generations. Again, we may want to split the
code up further.

In essence it is not a lot of work, just fiddly wiring up the second set
of registers and breaking some of the assumptions that only one panel
exists. If you want to tackle it yourself, all the information you need is
in the PRMs on http://intellinuxgraphics.org/

/me orders one for himself.