[Intel-gfx] Corruption in glxgears with Compiz

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 22:41:40 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 20:29 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 20:10:44 +0100, Peter Clifton <pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> > As an additional data-point, with the bug manifesting, if you go to
> > "expose" mode, (Win+E for default config), you find the corruption is
> > absent. It only appears to be present when the glxgears window is not
> > scaled by the window manager.
>
> My guess is that it is a double application of the drawable offset when
> doing a CopyRegion swapbuffers. Does the corruption move in relation to
> the window as it moves?
>
> This suggests that [my] recent changes to the ddx are to blame, and
> certainly a bisection on -intel might help - though it's probably just as
> easy to test before the shadow+dri changes to confirm.
> -Chris

Well, I'm as far back as:

commit d41684d54592cf93554a4d6534e7ea74562b1798
Author: Eric Anholt <eric at anholt.net>
Date:   Mon Jun 7 11:18:09 2010 -0700

And I'm still seeing the glitch. This is with drm backported from
878a3c37d36142a192bdf5b6bfcf920832f431d7

If it weren't for Alexey seeing it too with a non-backported version,
I'd suspect I'd made a mistake somewhere. Hmm.. what to try next?

I'd already attempted to revert mesa versions to when I (thought) it was
working nicely with compiz, but I can't recall quite what version that
was now. (I've purged my /var/cache/apt/archives)

Could the Xorg server cause this kind of issue? Looking at the commit
logs, I don't see much in the way of glx activity. (But would that
affect DRI rendering anyway?)

Are there any tests suggest I run?

Regards,

--