[Intel-gfx] Corruption in glxgears with Compiz

Peter Clifton pcjc2 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Oct 22 21:38:51 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-22 at 20:29 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:

> My guess is that it is a double application of the drawable offset when
> doing a CopyRegion swapbuffers. Does the corruption move in relation to
> the window as it moves?

Yes, it appears to. Relative to the screen, (and just squinting at it),
the corruption appears to move twice the distance you move the window.

> This suggests that [my] recent changes to the ddx are to blame, and
> certainly a bisection on -intel might help - though it's probably just as
> easy to test before the shadow+dri changes to confirm.

I thought I'd tried reverting to an older ddx, but thinking more
carefully, perhaps I didn't go back very far. I'll try poking at the 2D
driver. Certainly it is quicker to do that than keep rebuilding drm and
rebooting.

Thanks for the pointer.

--
Peter Clifton