[Intel-gfx] Fwd: 2.6.36-rc5 i915 regression

Seblu seblu at seblu.net
Tue Oct 26 01:19:50 CEST 2010

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 12:44:18 +0200, Seblu <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> Did you receive my previous mail about 2.6.36-rc2 issue, do you thinks
>> this can be fix before 2.6.36 release ?
>> Do you need more investigation / test from me ?
>
> That bisection result is very bizarre. In a midst of a major timing mishap
> in rc2, that commit is comparatively calm and at least prints out an error
> message should you ever hit it. (But since you weren't reporting a hang
> just a blank screen, I doubt you are.)
>
> The Dell e6410 has an embedded DisplayPort device which has patches aiming
> for 2.6.37 but since we are still in the process of getting eDP solid,
> I wouldn't suggest any but the worst offenders for stable. (The current
> state of affairs still seems to be fix some machines and break others, but
> many more machines do now seem to be working than before.)
>
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ickle/drm-intel.git
> drm-intel-next has many more eDP patches, and Jesse is currently cooking
> up some more in
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/drm-intel.git
> edp-fixes.

Hello Chris,

i've tryed last git kernel with edp-fixes from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jbarnes/drm-intel.git,
i've the following result :
http://videobin.org/+2a3/2kn.ogg

with intel-drm-next from
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ickle/drm-intel.git,
it's better!
My screen is back. Do you include those patch in 2.6.37?

But:
- suspend to RAM cause a computer freeze.
- after one day, applications become graphically slow.

Regards,

--
Sébastien Luttringer
www.seblu.net