[Intel-gfx] i915: GPU hung

Knut Petersen Knut_Petersen at t-online.de
Mon Apr 11 19:35:39 CEST 2011

Am 08.04.2011 12:00, schrieb Daniel Vetter:
> Hi Knut,
>
> I've taken a look and nothing stood especially out. Can you open a bug
> report at bugs.freedesktop.org and in addition to all the things
> already posted at the versions of the latest working and the first
> non-working revision of: xf86-video-intel, libdrm, kernel, mesa. Also
> please put me on the cc of that bug report.
>
> Thanks, Daniel

Well, I found the solution. The offending commit is

            commit cc930a37612341a1f2457adb339523c215879d82
            "uxa: Relax fencing some more for gen3"

It breaks Xorg on my AOpen i015GMm-hfs machines.
I tested 2.14.903 both with and without the commit reverted.
cc93.... is definitely the cause of my troubles.

lspci:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/PM/GMS/910GML Express Processor to DRAM Controller (rev 04)
        Subsystem: AOPEN Inc. Device 2580
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
        Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=09 <?>
        Kernel driver in use: agpgart-intel

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
        Subsystem: AOPEN Inc. Device 0554
        Memory at d0380000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        I/O ports at e000 [size=8]
        Memory at c0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
        Memory at d0400000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
        Kernel driver in use: i915

00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 915GM/GMS/910GML Express Graphics Controller (rev 04)
        Subsystem: AOPEN Inc. Device 0554
        Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0
        Memory at d0300000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=512K]
        Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2

cu,
 Knut