[Intel-gfx] Fan running with Intel Graphics

Johannes Bauer dfnsonfsduifb at gmx.de
Tue Dec 20 21:19:10 CET 2011

Hi Jesse,

Am 15.12.2011 23:04, schrieb Johannes Bauer:

>> Yes.  Try running drm-intel-next from Keith's git tree:
>> git://people.freedesktop.org/~keithp/linux
>
> Hmmm:

Sorry about being a moron. I completely missed the drm-intel-next branch
and wondered :-/

Now that I have it running and decelerated the graphics card speed, the
system runs in perfect silence. Thank you SO much.

It's absolutely fantastic that Intel is supporting Linux so beautifully.
Finally Linux users aren't stuck to using solely Nvidia cards. Brings a
tear to the eye!

Should we ever meet in person, beers are on me!
Best regards,
Joe