[Intel-gfx] g33 + dual head = problems

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Mon May 7 15:49:43 CEST 2012

on 04/05/2012 00:33 Chris Wilson said the following:
> On Thu, 03 May 2012 17:23:09 -0400, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 5/3/12 1:11 PM, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>>
>>> Can the problem be related to some 2048x2048 limitation in G33?
>>
>> Yes, the problem is exactly that limitation.
>
> Except that even UXA on gen3 has workarounds for that limit, so XRender
> based desktop effects should, in theory, work.

I tried Fedora 17-Beta live CD to test the newer code.  It's not the very latest
stuff, though.  E.g. xf86-video-intel is at 2.18.0.

OpenGL still creates massive corruption.
XRender is almost usable, but there are quite annoying small corruptions here and
there.

There are some log files, pictures and screenshots here:
http://www.icyb.net.ua/~avg/g33-dualhead/
Sorry for the bad quality of the pictures taken with my phone camera.  The
pictures demonstrate the corruption from OpenGL.

The screenshots are taken with XRender enabled.  On the first two there are small
corruptions near menu button area.  The third one shows how an obscured window
partially shows through a window above it.

Hope this information is of use.
--
Andriy Gapon