[Intel-gfx] Question (about setting brightness and contrast)

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Tue May 15 09:34:56 CEST 2012

Hi! I'm no real expert, but I dare to guess some answers anyway...

> Will there ever be a Control Center like the Windows version ?

Probably not. It is not the job of a driver to communicate with the
user. GUIs are made by other people. Your desktop environment could
provide such a tool.

To increase brightness to 150%, you can use

xrandr --output <which_one> --brightness 1.5

To reduce contrast to 75%, you can use

xrandr --output <which_one> --gamma 0.75:0.75:0.75

Greets,
Kiste