[Intel-gfx] Specific resolution without monitor

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Thu May 17 17:39:07 CEST 2012

> I'm using an ASUS Eeebox B202 so I don't have the option of adding a
> different video card. I'm not quite sure what you mean by modifying
> hardware but replacing the B202 defeats the purpose of trying to use it
> in the first place. Are you suggesting I avoid Intel graphics cards for
> this type of setup?

My preference would be, that the force-parameters would be enabled
again. But I have little hope for that.

By modifying hardware I meant to change the circuitry inside the
monitor, so that EDID data is transmitted, even when the monitor is
switched off.

By adding hardware I thought of a device to plug between the computer
and the monitor which injects "fake" EDID data. Those devices, however,
do cost about as much as a cheap monitor.

By replacing hardware, I meant to use a (modern) monitor which transmits
EDID, even without power connected.

Greets,
Kiste