[Intel-gfx] Regression on GMA965 - display seems to have slow jump changes in brightness

Zdenek Kabelac zdenek.kabelac at gmail.com
Tue May 22 14:08:46 CEST 2012

Hi

I've updated to 3.4 kernel, and now I'm noticing slight changes in
brightness on colorful images.
It seems the change is mostly visibly on  'darker' images i.e. it's
not really visible on white background.

When I reboot back to 3.3  kernel - brightness changes are gone - so I
do not suspect hw fault of my T61 display.
I guess once in past there has been already such bug, so this problem
seems to me like reintroducing the same
problem again.

xorg-x11-server-Xorg-1.12.1-1.fc18.x86_64
with SNA intel driver build from git repo.
T61, 965GM

Is this a know issue ?
Is bisect needed ?

Zdenek