[Intel-gfx] gstreamer-vaapi does not work with g45

Niccolò Belli darkbasic at linuxsystems.it
Mon May 28 12:46:46 CEST 2012

Il 28/05/2012 08:14, Oliver Seitz ha scritto:
> Is this true? I've seen no changes for a long time. I thought maybe
> maintainers see no need to work on software that does it's job. I would
> be very sorry if it was really dead.

No need? What about trying to mainline it for example? :)
Anyway I'm still using mplayer-vaapi-1.0_rc4_p20110322 + smplayer SVN
because it's the only viable solution (as I said vlc stutters and
gstreamer-vaapi doesn't work at all).
I still hope someone will mainline it, maybe even in mplayer2.

Niccolò

P.S.
Is there some kind of vaapi-vdpau wrapper? I'd like to take advantage of
Adobe's Flash player acceleration but despite promises it still doesn't
support VA-API :(