[Intel-gfx] VT switchless v3

Daniel Vetter daniel at ffwll.ch
Mon Feb 18 16:03:20 CET 2013

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 01:23:08PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> A few more fixes from Daniel.

So one thing that crossed my mind which we should at least quickly
discuss: How is userspace supposed to notice the resume? On a lot of
desktops (and even Androids) the normal thing seems to be to draw the
screensave/lock after resume, which means that we'll show the desktop for
a frame or so. Which is not too nice. Is userspace simply supposed to draw
the screen lock before sleep, or does it need a helping hand from the
kernel to fix this issue?
-Daniel
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation
+41 (0) 79 365 57 48 - http://blog.ffwll.ch